Mantis Cranes is a family owned Crane Rental Company providing material handling solutions for construction projects. Based near Rushden, Northamptonshire we operate a large fleet of Tower Cranes including Flat Top, Self Erecting and Luffing Tower Cranes.
We are seeking to recruit an accounts assistant to join our team. We are looking to employ an experienced, hardworking, and conscientious individual.
The main tasks associated with the position however are not limited to:
- Sales ledger management to include ensuring that all invoices are correctly posted, sending out monthly statements, and credit management.
- Management of creditors ledger and subcontractors ledger to include purchase invoice processing, creditors reconciliations, and payments to suppliers and subcontractors
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit cards and expenses
- Debt Collecting
- Management of import and export declarations
- Collection of data for monthly reporting
- Petty cash
- Telephone assistance
- Maintaining all financial records
- Provision of holiday cover to other members of the office
- Daily Management of the office
- Other administrative duties as required
- Proven experience as an Accounts Assistant or in a similar role
- Proficient in using accounting software (Sage)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
This position will have overall responsibility to manage the maintenance of the company books of prime entry including cash receipts and payments, sales ledger and purchase ledger. It requires the job holder to work with other members of the administration team to ensure that all entries are recorded accurately and in a timely manner, that the company is compliant with VAT, PAYE, CIS and C&E requirements. In addition, this position will support the orderly administration of the business.
Location: Based in our premises in Rushden, Northamptonshire
Training: Training will be provided as appropriate in order to assist you stay abreast of new technology and in the performance of your role as identified by you.
If you would like to join the Mantis Family and feel you have the relevant experience and skill, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Accounting: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
"*" indicates required fields