What factors should be considered when choosing a crane?
When a crane is required for a construction project, making the right crane choice will achieve cost, time, and effort efficiencies. Careful crane hire selection can result in substantial cost savings from a more streamlined process that will help optimise efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
The choice of crane types, models, and capacities is extensive. Mobile cranes, Crawler Cranes, Mini Cranes, Self Erecting Tower Cranes, Tower Cranes, and Luffing Tower Cranes should all be considered before committing to a crane hire agreement.
Given the wide variety of crane types, capacities, and variations it is best to consult a Technical Crane Sales person who can offer advice on the best lifting solution. They will assess your specific project requirements and will recommend the most appropriate crane for your needs.
There are several factors to consider when making the important decision on which crane to choose:
🏗️ Load requirements
- What is the size and weight of the materials and equipment to be lifted?
- What capacity, lift, and jib length are needed to cover the area?
🏗️ Site Conditions
- What are the ground conditions on site?
- What is the gradient, ground-bearing pressure, and weather conditions?
- What space is available on-site for the installation of the crane?
- Will the crane be accessible once the building is complete?
🏗️ Site Location
- Are there neighbouring properties?
- Is the site in an urban, rural, or congested area?
- Are there environmental considerations that will impact the crane selection?
- What is access to the site like?
- How will the crane be transported to the site?
- Will road closures be required?
🏗️ Project length and budget
- What is the timeline for the project?
- Is there a budget for crane hire?
- Is on-time project completion important for this project?
Following an assessment of all these factors, the Technical Sales Person will recommend the most appropriate crane for the build.
Extensive Experience and Diverse Fleet.
Mantis Cranes has been providing lifting solutions for over 20 years and we maintain an extensive fleet of the most diverse lifting solutions available. Our expertise and wide range of options available ensure that we can help you choose the right crane for your project.
Mantis Cranes are a leading crane hire company, and supply self-erecting tower cranes, tower cranes, luffing tower cranes, and construction hoists. We are established throughout the UK and Ireland. For information on hiring or buying cranes and crane attachments, email us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mantiscranesgroup.com